How To Get Internship In India - Complete Internship Search Guide
·May 2, 2020·
3 min read
In this article, we will quickly discuss the best practices that should be followed during the internship search, covering resume templates, where to apply and what common mistakes we should avoid as a student, we will also discuss about few tools and website to make our task easier!
Here is a quick video summary and other important information that you need to keep in mind,
- Make yourself aware of available opportunities, resources, and virtual internships. Utilize your digital power following the right people on Linkedin, Instagram, and other social networks.
- Make sure to prepare a simple-clean resume. Strongly recommended to spend some time selecting the template. Here are a few resources that should help you,
- Prepare your resume according to the job you are applying for, you may need to tweak it a bit according to the company you are applying to.
- Limit your resume to a maximum of 2 pages and recheck it multiple times. While rechecking, you might find grammatical mistakes, spelling mistakes, and sometimes even alignment mistakes, you can use Grammarly free extension version for this task.
- Make sure to save your resume in PDF format with proper file name for easy access by everyone.
- Few useful websites to apply to,
- Linkedin Jobs – If used correctly, this can be proved as the best platform for your resources.
- Internshala – Most common among college student, have bundles of opportunity if used correctly.
- Angel co – Best platform to get into well-funded startups if you have the correct skills.
- SimplyHired – Works well to apply on the company’s website directly.
- LetsIntern – Alternate to Internshala, work in a similar structure.
- Make sure to stay updated with local career fairs, Internship fairs, and Hackathons. Usually, your Linkedin connection helps you with this type of information. Make sure you get connected with the right groups and members.
- Referral System, one shortcut that can help you to get into your dream company and even to really good startups. Being a referred candidate helps you to skip several initial job application steps that most normal students have to follow while applying for a role in any company, you indirectly get the initial advantage to join the interview process race. Your college seniors, Linkedin connections from different companies can help you and even give you a referral for different roles.
- Make sure to Google search all possible common questions related to your field and also related to the company you have the interview with. Most companies follow an interview pattern and have some selected topics and selected set of questions for several stages, Google helps you at this stage a lot.
If you are a beginner and want to learn python programming, don’t forget to check out The Ultimate Python Developer Bundle where you will learn from basics to advance by building 10 different projects and setting up your digital portfolio.
Also, don’t forget to watch,
Thank you for following, I see you guys in the next one! ✌️